Due to an unavoidable conflict, Boyd Kolosz, our illustrious Clerk of Course for our track day scheduled for 17 September, is unable to attend on that date. Of course these events cannot proceed without our official's generous assistance but Boyd has been quick off the mark in arranging with the WASCC, the rescheduled date of the following Tuesday, 24 September 2019.
This extra week will enable you to fine tune your car, give it a service, check the brakes and tyre pressures, and most importantly, arrange the day of leave for you and all of your family and friends to come on up for the most fun.
You'll be sad to learn that this will be the first track event for many years that the Blue and I will miss. The July Barbagallo Historic Touring Car race meeting resulted in a failed gearbox bearing and a most unfortunate clash with a fellow competitor. Ambition confused with ability again! The Blue is receiving restorative ministrations but will not be ready in time. Don't feel too sorry for me though as I actually will be holidaying in the UK on a trip that is including the Goodwood Revival!
I'm sure you'll all have maximum fun despite or perhaps because of my absence and don't forget to put the upcoming Jack's Hill hill climb into your diaries - scheduled for 19 November 2019. A new motorsport experience for most of us and not to be missed.
A reminder of the details for September's Track Day:
- Gates open at 7am
- Vehicle checks commence around 7.30 am
- Drivers’ briefing scheduled for 8.15 am
- Event entry cost is $120 per driver, plus driver’s licence if required.
- The event will cease at midday when lunch will be provided free for participants and officials.
- Please note our AASA licensing requirements:
· If you hold a CAMS L2S licence or above, you can continue to use it until it expires, if you wish to do so.
· If you require a single event driver’s licence, an AASA Day Licence can be issued on the day for the cost of $25. There is no restriction on the number of day licences issued in any 12 month period.
· If you require an Annual License – simply apply for it online https://aasa.com.au/licences/annual-licences/. The cost is $75 per year.
· Further information on AASA is available on the web at https://aasa.com.au.
- Non-road registered cars - these will be considered eligible for participation only if judged to be safe and compatible with registered vehicles of similar characteristics and performance. Anyone wishing to enter such a car needs give prior notice to Boyd Kolosz email@example.com and may need to present their car for scrutineering at Boyd's Bibra Lake workshop at least a week prior to the event.
- The eligibility of vehicles will be solely at the discretion of the officials.
- Fuel is not available at the track.
- It is advisable to over inflate tyres by 5 – 10 psi. A compressed air service is available outside the venue workshop.
- Drivers must wear ankle to wrist clothing and closed shoes.
- Helmets must be worn and are available for hire if needed. The WASCC can provide these and seeing as they’ve been recently replaced, they’re now charging a fee of at least $20 for their hire. We encourage drivers to bring their own helmets. Open face helmets are satisfactory for closed cars but full face helmets must be used in any open cars.
Many have asked if their car insurance would cover an incident on our track days. We understand generally not but insurers such as Shannons https://www.shannons.com.au/insurance/car-insurance/ and Famous Insurance https://famousinsurance.com.au/insurance/classic-car/ may be able to provide track day cover. Details can be obtained from their comprehensive websites.
The event, as always, is intended to improve driving skills, familiarisation of the vehicle’s performance, the awareness of other vehicles and for sheer enjoyment under controlled conditions.
For further information regarding the track days, please contact Rod Mathers on 0419 904 914 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non JCCWA member invitees may not be able to register on-line on the JCCWA website so can each participating club please advise Rod of the likely number of your club's attendees by the Friday beforehand (20 September 2019) for catering purposes?
Best regards and enjoy the day,
on behalf of the JCCWA Committee