Albany Classic Motor Event is the premier round the house racing in Australia. The Event Runs from 4th to 6th June 2021
Our weekend includes :
Friday 4th June - club group drive from Perth (location and meeting time TBA) or make your own way to Albany.
Saturday 5th June - Mt Clarence Hill Climb from 09:00am. Free Event - watching the competitors "speed" up the course or:
Saturday 5th June - Duckett Mill Tour from 10-00am. Take a pleasant drive out to Duckett's Mill where the owners will provide us with beautiful sharing platters between 4. $20 per person. Browse the fine selection of wine, cheese and relish's that Duckett's Mill have to offer in their shop
Member's who don't access to their Jaguar and want to join this run rather than the Hill Climb and members with spare capacity in the Jaguars are asked to make arrangements between themselves or let Paul Gardener know so he can do so.
Sunday 6th June - CBD car events & festival start 09:30am The town will be set up for racing during the night and you'll be able to watch from many vantage points around the course. Here's hoping it as sunny as it has been in previous years.
Sunday 6th June - E-Type parade and display. Owners of E Type Jaguars who are attending the weekend are offered the opportunity to display their pride and joy in the pit areas and then, time allowing, will be able to drive a parade lap or two at lunchtime. Please register so we can ensure we have space and a slot in the race timetable.
(Apologies to Patrick Dick for shamelessly using the picture of his Lightweight E Type without knowing if he will be attending in it.)
Sunday 6th June - JCCWA dinner at the Dog Rock Convention Centre start 7-00pm. A two course meal with optional dessert (own account) in a private room room with your fellow JCCWA members.
- Three different entrees of Garlic and oregano bread, Asian style spring rolls and Vegetarian mini quiches shared for each table :
- Choose from three main courses at $55 per person.
- Mt Barker Chicken Breast: on parsnip puree with green beans, herbed champignons and chicken jus.
- Fish of the Day: pan fried served on garlic scented mash with wilted greens and a lemon tarragon béarnaise.
- Roasted Lamb Rump: on roasted pumpkin puree with broccolini, orange buttered baby carrots and rosemary port jus.
- Desserts and drinks may be purchased on the evening from the Dog Rock at extra cost.
Please complete the registration form with your choices.
Finally don't forget to book your accommodation early - Albany is sure to be busy on this weekend and it would be unfortunate to miss out because you delayed. There are many options throughout and around Albany.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible for the WA Labor Day long weekend motoring and motor sports event.